Inspire Home Loans Inc. (“Inspire”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. That is why we have adopted this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice lets you know how and for what purposes we are collecting, processing, and using your Personal Information (as defined herein). We pledge that we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information and Usage Information (as defined herein) will only be used in ways that comply with this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to the products, services, and platforms owned or operated by Inspire, any web page, email list, onsite electronic data collection, generic information, and Personal Information collected and/or owned by us, including but not limited to our Inspire website, located at www.inspirehomeloans.com. This Privacy Notice is in effect no matter the method of collection (such as by mail, facsimile, sign-up/sign-in page, survey, or promotion), including collection through our website and any online features, products, services, and/or programs we offer (collectively, the “Platform”). Inspire will treat any offline collection, uses, and disclosures of your Personal Information consistently with our online privacy practices set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Notice to Residents of CA, DE, OR, NV, VT and users of the European Union
Additional privacy notices and policies specifically developed and maintained for residents of California, Delaware, Oregon, Nevada, Vermont and the European Union are entitled with the name of the jurisdiction and found near the end of this Notice.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Platform is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to, or on, the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Platform, register on the Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at Privacy@InspireHomeLoans.com.
If you are using the Platform with another person to apply jointly for a loan or other financial services product, you and your co-applicant may choose to provide information for your application using a single joint Platform account or multiple individual Platform account(s). If joint applicants choose to utilize a single Platform account, they will have access to all information supplied by Platform account users to complete that application. Such joint applicants will have the ability to view, print, transmit, save, and/or edit the information. Access may continue for as long as the joint applicants utilize the single Platform account in connection with the application process.
Personal Information Collected as Lender and/or Service Provider
Inspire is a wholly owned subsidiary of Century Communities, Inc. we will refer to Century Communities and their other affiliated companies as “Century”. Our relationship with Century makes us uniquely situated to make sure your loan close closes on time. We may store the information we collect on servers that are owned by Century. While the servers may be owned by Century, all of the information that we collect is stored separately from Century’s information so that there is no commingling or unintentional transfer of information between Inspire and Century.
Inspire is receiving your Personal Information as part of the mortgage application and/or pre-qualification process for the purpose of providing mortgage or related financial products. Inspire may also be acting as a service provider to Century. In such cases, we may collect or receive Personal Information about or from individuals for the sole purpose of providing services to or on behalf of Century. In cases where we are providing services to or on behalf of Century, we do not share consumer information with third parties, other than (1) those with which Century has contracted to interface with the consumer application, (2) law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoenas or court orders, or (3) as otherwise set forth in this Privacy Notice. The privacy notices of Century shall apply to information collected by Century.
Types of Information Collected
Inspire, and any third party that we engage for the purpose of administering, operating, hosting, configuring, designing, maintaining and providing support for our Platform, and to offer you our services and products, may collect two types of information when you visit the Platform: Personal Information and Usage Information.
The types of information that Inspire collects may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Personal Information”):
- contact information (e.g., your first name, last name, title, physical address, zip code, phone number, email address);
- user name, password and security questions and answers;
- demographic information, such as your date of birth and nationality, which allows us to verify your identity and comply with federal law;
- social security number (SSN), driver’s license, passport, and other government ID numbers and government documents;
- Internet Protocol (or IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
- loan account information;
- bank account and credit/debit card numbers;
- information required for you to pre-qualify for the purchase of a home, including, a two-year residency history, information about sources and amounts of income, including a two-year employment history if applicable, and information about approximate value or balance of assets such as deposit accounts, retirement accounts, real estate owned, etc.;
- your estimated payments and balances for liabilities such as existing mortgage loans, auto loans, credit card accounts, and other similar obligations; and
- other personal information needed to provide real-estate related and loan-related services to you.
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
The types of usage information that Inspire collects may contain generic information about you when you visit the Platform, which may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Usage Information”):
- browser language and type;
- domain name system requests;
- browsing history (such as, time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit) and number of clicks;
- http headers, application client and server banners, and operating system and fingerprinting data; and
- aggregated information, including De-identified Data (as defined herein).
How Information is Collected
In the course of our business, we may collect Personal Information and Usage Information about you from the following sources:
- applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative, which may include information about your assets and income and identifying information, such as name, address and SSN;
- your communication to us (for example, an inquiry about a property, or a request to sign up for a mailing list or to receive updates from us);
- information we receive from you through the Platform and as a result of your use of our services;
- information we receive from your computer or mobile device;
- information we receive from our affiliates, partners or service providers;
- information from consumer or other reporting agencies and public records maintained by governmental entities that we obtain directly from those entities, from our affiliates or others, such as your creditworthiness and credit history; and
- information we receive from other sources, as permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third parties, including our hosting partners and other trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Platform.
Additional Ways Usage Information is Collected – Automated Data Collection Technologies
If you visit our Platform, we may also collect Usage Information from you. As you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we and/or a third-party vendor may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information collected automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies
From time to time, we may also collect data about your use of the Platform through the use of internet server logs, cookies, and/or tracking pixels. An internet server log is a file where website activity is stored. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website that enables us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Platform you have visited; (iv), enhance your user experience by delivering content specific to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier that are embedded in websites, online ads, and/or email and are designed to provide usage information like page clicks, measure popularity of the Platform and associated content, and access user cookies. We may update this Notice from time to time as we adopt new technologies to gather additional information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari) for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Platform.
Information from Third Parties:
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as third parties that provide products or services related to the Platform.
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on the Platform however we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what “DNT” means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. To find out more about “do not track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Use of Collected Information
Information collected by Inspire may be used for the following primary purposes:
- To provide products and services to you or any affiliate or third party who is obtaining services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you.
- To improve our products and services.
- To verify funding, lending and payments.
- To conduct sales and marketing analysis.
- To personalize your experience on the Platform.
- To communicate with you.
- To inform you about Inspire’s, our affiliates’ and third parties’ products and services, jointly or independently.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer to provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
When Information Is Disclosed and To Whom
We may provide your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) and Usage Information to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. Such laws do not allow consumers to restrict these disclosures. Please see the section below titled Choices with Your Personal Information to learn how to limit the discretionary disclosure of your Personal Information and Usage Information.
Disclosures of your Personal Information may be made to the following categories of affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties, unless prohibited by applicable law:
- To third parties to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To nonaffiliated third-party service providers who provide or perform services on our behalf and use the disclosed information only in connection with such services.
- To law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoena or court order.
- To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid, or released prior to closing on your new home.
- To other third parties for whom you have given us written authorization to disclose your Personal Information.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Inspire’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which person information held by Inspire about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
In addition to the other rights described herein, we have the right to exploit, share, and use, for any purpose, the collected Personal Information in an aggregated, anonymized form, such that you are not individually identified (collectively, “De-identified Data”).
We may allow you to create a user profile for use in connection with the Platform (“Profile”). When you open an account with us and create a Profile, we may obtain, verify and record information that identifies you, including Personal Information. We may be required to verify, record or share such information to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities.
We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, as well as any information about or obtained from you, in connection with the merger, sale or other disposition of all or part of our business and/or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership, or an assignment for the benefit of our creditors. You expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of the foregoing information in connection with any of the above described proceedings. We are not responsible for any breach of security or action by any of these third parties.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission or as directed by you.
We might disclose Personal Information and/or Usage Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary:
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms may provide you with some control over your information:
- Credit Bureau Pre-Screened Solicitations. Lenders can buy leads from Credit Bureaus by telling them what attributes they want to collect - for example they can request a list of all credit reports pulled for a mortgage, with a credit score above xxx, income of $x, property type, location, etc. Once we pull your credit report for pre-qualification, you may receive calls from multiple lenders if you meet the criteria for those lender's pre-screened lead requests. You may opt-out of pre-screening for 5 years or permanently by going to the following website: www.optoutprescreen.com
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
For certain features available through the Platform, including use of a Profile (if applicable), we may require the use of encryption technologies provided for your protection. We use reasonable precautions to protect the privacy of your username, password and Profile information and to ensure that information collected through the Platform is not lost, misused or altered inappropriately by administering security measures. You are ultimately responsible for protecting your username, password and Profile information from disclosure to third parties, and you are not permitted to circumvent the use of required encryption technologies.
While we use technologies and procedures designed to protect your confidential information and provide suitable security, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We do not and cannot guarantee or warrant that any information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions are free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Privacy Outside the Platform
The Platform may now or in the future contain links to other websites. Inspire is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites. Please check with those websites in order to determine their privacy policies and your rights under them.
We may use the services of third party service providers, for example to process payments and other transactions or to provide analytics services. By using our Platform, you grant us all necessary rights and consents under applicable laws to disclose to the third party service providers – and/or allow those third party service providers to collect, use, retain and disclose to us – any Personal Information for purposes of providing services to you, including data that we may collect directly from you using cookies or other similar means.
For European Union Users:
The Platform and our products and services are hosted in the United States and are governed by United States law. If you are using the Platform or our products or services from outside the United States, please be aware that your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Platform or our products and services, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred to our facilities and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Notice.
For California Residents:
For Delaware Residents:
We will not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law. Currently, we do not recognize “do not track” requests from Internet browsers and similar devices. To find out more about “do not track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
For Oregon Residents:
We will not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes, except after you have been informed by us of such sharing and had an opportunity to indicate that you do not want a disclosure made for marketing purposes.
For Nevada Residents:
Nevada consumers have the right to opt-out of having their personal information sold. A Nevada resident may, at any time, submit a verified request directing Inspire not to make any sale of any personal information that Inspire has collected or will collect about the consumer. Contact information to make such an opt-out request can be found near the end of this Notice. You may also be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by calling ((833) 256-4448) or by contacting us via the information set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: (702) 486-3132; email: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
For Vermont Residents:
We will not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by Vermont law, such as to process your transactions or to maintain your account. In addition, we will not share information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates except with your authorization.
Not Financial Advice
You acknowledge and agree that by providing you with access to and use of the Platform, we are not providing financial opinions or advice on any of the matters discussed or included on the Platform, and we will not be liable to any party for any act or failure to act relating to any information included on the Platform. You further acknowledge that none of the information contained on the Platform constitutes a solicitation, offer, opinion, or recommendation by Inspire to buy or sell any security, or to provide legal, tax, accounting, or investment advice or services regarding the profitability or suitability of any security or investment.
Your Consent to This Privacy Notice
By using the Platform, you consent to the collection and use of your information (including Personal Information) by us as specified above or as we otherwise see fit, in compliance with this Notice, unless you inform us otherwise by means of the procedure identified below. If we decide to change this Notice or some part of it, we will make an effort to post those changes on this web page so that you will always be able to understand what information we collect, how we use that information and under what circumstances we may disclose that information to others. Your use of the Platform following our publication of any amendment of this Notice will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms for all previously collected information and information collected from you in the future. We may use comments, information or feedback that you may submit in any manner that we may choose without notice or compensation to you.
If you have questions, would like to exercise your rights or want to opt-out of certain information sales / sharing, please send your requests to:
Inspire Home Loans Inc.
4695 MacArthur Court
Newport Beach, California 92660
Phone: (844) 775-7758
Copyright © 2020. Inspire Home Loans Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Effective as of: December 17, 2019 | Last updated: January 20, 2020